Here's another one that started out as a Facebook note. I'll admit that I'm still feeling a bit lousy, and so not high on creativity. I did think these were fun topics.
1) What is your salad dressing of choice?
Oil and vinegar
2) What is your favorite sit-down restaurant?
The Blue Heron in Sunderland, MA and The Northland Dairy Bar in Berlin, NH
3) What food could you eat for 2 weeks straight and not get sick of it?
4) What are your pizza toppings of choice?
Bacon, fresh garlic, and spinach, with no cheese
5) What do you like to put on your toast?
I don't love toast, but peanut butter on English Muffins is a deep favorite. I add honey if I am feeling decadent.
6) How many televisions are in your house?
7) What color cell phone do you have?
8) Are you right-handed or left-handed?
I can only write with my right hand, but there are a number of tasks that I do lefty - perhaps the legacy of a lefty mom.
9) Have you ever had anything removed from your body?
Three of my four wisdom teeth and my uterus.
10) What is the last heavy item you lifted?
The extension ladder. It wasn't so much heavy as awkward - it was snowy and we were carrying it up a snowbank to get the snow off the roof.
11) Have you ever been knocked unconscious?
Sort of. When I was in Junior high (or maybe high school), I fell down some stairs at the mall, on our way to the movies (we were on our way to see the Jazz Singer). I thought everything was fine, and then I passed out in the lobby of the theater. Then, I got up and we went to watch the movie.
12) If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die?
13) If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
I would legally change my name to Fran (as opposed to my legal it-must-not-be-used name) in a heartbeat, and will do so when my mom is no longer living (may that be a long time from now).
14) Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000?
I doubt it.
15) How many pairs of flip flops do you own?
16) What's your goal for the year?
To run a 10K (10 min/mile pace)
17) Last person you talked to?
18) Last person you hugged?
My cold has stopped me hugging for the last number of days. Probably Michelle.
9) Favorite Season?
20) Favorite Holiday?
21) Favorite day of the week?
Sundays and Mondays
22) Favorite Month?
February (my birthday month and Valentine's Day!)
23) First place you went this morning?
The living room
24) What's the last movie you saw?
25) Do you smile often?
26) Do you always answer your phone?
27) It's four in the morning and you get a text message, who is it?
I never get texts at 4am.
28) If you could change your eye color what would it be?
I would NEVER change my eye color. I have my dad's eyes, and I really like them. They are green.
29) What flavor drink do you get at Sonic?
Have never been to Sonic (though we think it looks like fun when the commercials run on the telly)
30) Have you ever had a pet fish?
No, but my wife has a tank, and keeps promising.
31) Favorite Christmas song?
Odetta singing Go Tell it on the Mountain
32) What's on your wish list for your birthday?
I tend to like surprises, rather than making a wish list. This year, I got a box of fab gourmet popcorn and a great new pair of running shorts.
33) Can you do push-ups?
34) Can you do a chin up?
I haven't tried in a very long time. I used to be unable to do so. I have my doubts.
35) Does the future make you more nervous or excited?
36) Do you have any saved texts?
Not on this phone. But I had several saved texts from Michelle on my old phone.
37) Ever been in a car wreck?
More than my share. And several I had no right to walk away from. I'm a lucky woman.
38) Do you have an accent?
It comes and goes. When I was younger I had a very strong Woostah/Boston accent. It's really diminished as I have gotten older. Oddly, now that I am back in New England, it crops up occasionally. I have no control over what comes out of my mouth.
39) What is the last song to make you cry?
The same three things on my iPod ALWAYS make me cry: the spoken poem Seventh-Grade Viking Warrior by Taylor Mali, and Denmark 1943 and Scott and Jamie - both by Fred Small.
40) Plans tonight?
Diocesan Council from 4-6, 2.5 hour ride home with a stop at the evil Wal-Mart.
41) Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom?
42) Name 3 things you bought yesterday.
I bought nothing yesterday, but today I bought hair elastics, soy milk, and breakfast sausages.
43) Have you ever been given roses?
44) Current hate right now?
Hate is a very strong word. But I am profoundly distressed by the way the religious right presumes to speak for all Christians. They do not represent Christianity to me and THEY DO NOT SPEAK FOR ME.
45) Met someone who changed your life?
46) How did you bring in the New Year?
In Rudyard with the in-laws. We all stayed up, but it wasn't very lively.
47) What song represents you?
I'm not sure it represents me, but my favorite song to run to these days is Come on Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners. It's been a fave ever since it first came out, and the beat is perfectly matched to my cadence.
48) What were you doing 12am last night (or is it this morning?)?
I think the Nyquil had finally kicked in and I was asleep.
49) What was the first thing you thought of this morning?
“Ugh. I still feel like shit.”