Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Great Day

I spent today visiting with a friend. He's a colleague and has some experience here in the North Country. We met to do some planning for the upcoming Mill Town Ministry Internship and to work on planning his youth group's mission trip here this summer.

It was a bit of a drive - 2.5 hours or so each way. But, the weather was lovely, I had great music (and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire) on my iPod, and no "weather" to contend with. So, that all made it a great day to start.

But more than all of that, I had the joy of spending time with a guy who is funny, tremendously wise, a good listener, and a great colleague. I didn't want to leave. Our few hours of work turned into much conversation. A later afternoon departure morphed into a drink and apps, and (not surprisingly to those who know me!) a great Thai dinner. I arrived home around 11.

Even though this was a long day (I left home this am at 6:30 to put in some time at the gym before heading out) I came home less tired than I have felt in some time. Tonight, I am grateful.

No comments: