Monday, March 9, 2009

The Laziest Day

There are a number of culprits. It could be the time change, or the feeling that I might be coming down with a cold, or the fact that I missed my day off last week. Whatever it was, something flattened me today. I just didn't feel like moving.

The good news is, that lack of physical energy allowed me to accomplish a thing I wanted to do. I read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix again. I was sent the audios of all the HP novels, except Book 5 - Order of the Phoenix. I've been screaming through the audios at a pretty impressive rate (though three-four trips to Concord per month will accomplish that pretty easily).

My plan was to make my way through the audios of books 1-7, one right after the other. I've never done that. When I started Book 4 (Goblet of Fire), I discovered that while I'd read books 1-3 repeatedly, that wasn't the case for the later books.

So, if I were really going to "do" books 1-7, in order, then I would have to read Book 5. I started on Saturday, and got about 150 pages in. And when I got up this am and saw the snow falling at a really good clip and my throat was a little scratchy, I knew that I could do it. I could have a read-only day. And so, I did. I plowed through my last 700 pages of Order of the Phoenix.

The good news (beyond the fact that Book 6, Half-Blood Prince is now queued up on my iPod and ready to go) is that I feel more rested and ready to face another busy week.

No comments: