Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Technology Woes

We chose our house because we didn't want to be in town.  It's true.  We wanted trees, nature paths, and no visible neighbors.  What we didn't realize when we made the choice was that we were, apparently, moving to the back of beyond.

At our house, we cannot get satellite TV, because the trees are too high.  There is no way to get high speed internet.  And today, the cable guy came out and had some sad song and dance about why it was the our cable could not be hooked up today.  

For years, I lived without TV and without high speed internet.  I'm not sure why this irks me so much, but it does.  That's all there is to it.  I'm annoyed beyond all measure.

It doesn't help that the copy machine at work is pathetic, too.  Sigh.

1 comment:

JustMe (Margaret) said...

Fran, I just got the (NH) diocesan newspaper. Congratulations on your new assignment.

Has Ellie retired nearby, or gone to warmer climes?